Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Thursday, February 7, 2008

Latest Updates

I’ve been missing from the scene for some days now. I’m alive and all’s fine in this part of the world. New work (as in just a change in the job profile) kept me busy for some time. Now I’m kind of settled down into this routine.

Last weekend saw us attending for the very first time after Jelly was born a full fledged wedding. It was a common friend’s wedding. It was absolutely great to be in a place where I could get to see people I have known from my childhood days. There where friends whom I had met during my pre-university days, friends from my degree days and mostly the ones from the degree days who have still remained to be in touch.

It was a typical south Indian wedding and Jelly had a blast with the traditional wedding music playing in the background. She enjoyed looking at the lights and flower decorations. Something she did not enjoy much was strangers coming over and trying to carry her. Once the music stopped she wanted to be let on the floor to crawl. It was really difficult to hold her back from dirtying her clothes. So once we started restricting her movements she started getting a little uneasy or rather cranky…..But in short it was an enjoyable day.

After a whole year of Jelly being born we went to a studio and got a “Family Portrait” done………………now that the family is complete :D. It was true fun. The photographer had a tough time making all the three of us look at the camera at the same time. Once he would tell me “Chin down, look left……..no not that much, chin up a bit ……..ok ok that’s fine” and then would go on to SM and repeat similar orders to him but where his orders failed was with Jelly. She made him run from left to right with the camera to get that perfect shot. And hey it was a perfect shot. The pictures came out really awesome. We have decided to do this every year around her birthday to just keep a track of how much she has grown (and how fat we have become).


Jelly has been walking a few paces unassisted and when she does it expects us to leave all our work, look at her and of course appreciate the great work she has done. She has started showing a strong preference to solid food. By no means is she ready to drink milk during the day. We have been having a tough time on what to feed her. Anybody reading this could please suggest with any healthy solids that can be given to a 1 plus toddler……that just made me realize my baby is no longer a baby but a toddler now. I have been waiting all this while for her to start walking, talking and in short grow up and now that she is there I am missing her baby days……………Am I being a little too crazy? No idea……

5 comments:

Mira's mom said...

Hey,

On the eating bit, I think mashed banana was immediately liked by Mira when I started her solids in the 6th month. Do try that out! :-)

Madhu said...

My daughter is 15 months old and I can sooo relate to feeling sad that she is no longer a baby!
Apart from the usual rice and dhal and veggies, she enjoys eating things like this and I dont mind as it is healthy.
http://treasures4life.blogspot.com/

Aryan-Arjun said...

Cool to know that jelly enjoyed the wedding...
Try to give her boiled veggies..Aryan liked it a lot. He was excited to see long red boiled carrot and wanted to eat by himself.
Aryan's MOm

Wunderyearz said...

Thank you !!!!!For all those suggestions,will surely try them one at a time.

Aryan-Arjun said...

Where is Valentines day post??/
Aryan's mom