Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Friday, December 7, 2007

A Letter For My Darling

Dear Jelly,

It’s been 11 months since the day I first saw you, touched you, and heard you…

11months, 335 days, 8049 hours, 482931 minutes, 28975841 seconds (and counting) and it just feels like yesterday (sigh!!!!!!). I can still feel your tender body in my hands, the way you looked at me for the very first time, the very first time you smiled at me. I never thought that I would feel so comfortable playing the role of your mother. It feels like I’ve been a mother all my life.

It’s not that every moment we have spent together were positive ones. There have been times when I was angry with you (especially the times when you would not sleep @ nights even though you were very very sleepy)..But I take this opportunity to thank you for making me a lady(a responsible one at that) from a girl with no worries, for making me more compassionate, more positive and most of all - filled me with so much patience that occassionally I doubt if this is really me ?????

I have been someone who did not like sleeping at odd hours (like an afternoon nap) and even during the nights, I never had deep sleeps. But from the day you were born I have started to realise the importance of sleep. I have realized that how we cannot have a normal day with just 2-3 hours of sleep in the night.

You have become a "Big Girl" now. You crawl at a high speed (shaking you little butt…which looks sooooooooo cute), you hold on to tables and walls and cruise along quite well. If we give you our hands to hold onto you take tiny steps and walk .You are able to stand unsupported for a few seconds. If you get to hear some peppy songs you shake your little head and butt and dance. You speak a few words; well coming to that you have been calling your Dad “Atha” for nearly two months now. If you want to go out you tell “Taaaata” or “Baa Puam

The cherry on the icing was when you called out loud and clear “Amma” just yeaterday, the day when you turned 11months old. What better gift could you give me on this day? You have been referring to everyone in different ways except me and you chose this day to call me Amma .I feel at the top of the world.

Keep growing like this, taking one day at a time ……….

Love

Your “Amma

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi
My friend ME,

This blog was really good.I just loved it,I'm very sure that your jelly once grown up would be thankful to you for leaving her these sweet memories for her.

Rgds
Your friend Sp.

Wunderyearz said...

Thanx Sp
Thats my intention too......to let Jelly know how her infancy was.

Shruthi said...

That is wonderful! :)

Aryan-Arjun said...

Cool..you must have felt very proud when you heard amma...
Aryan's Mom