Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Shop Till You Drop..........

This I thought was just a phrase used by some of the leading stores to increase their sales. Not until I met this colleague of mine “R”. I have never seen anyone who has such a craze, time and of course money to shop……..

No one would believe the kind of craze she had, has and will forever continue to have for shopping. We work for a service industry where in we are required to be at work in uniforms. So we hardly had the need to shop for clothes. But this could not stop our dear Ms R. There was not a single weekend where she would not shop for at least a pair of dress. If it were not clothes then it would be some jewelry or shoes or some such nick-nacks…………………….she had a reason to shop every time.

The best part being that she would shop and then think that the particular dress or whatever she shopped for was not as good as she thought it was and then shop again to get over this feeling (sigh!!!!!!!!)Have you seen anyone like this??????

The reason I felt like writing a post on this was because of a conversation I had with her last weekend. She was to attend a wedding of a relative on Sunday and on Friday she was complaining to me that she did not have a “Good Sari” to wear for the said function. Here is how our conversation went:

R : Hey I don’t have a good sari to wear for the wedding on Sunday

Me: How come, did not buy anything for yourself for the wedding?

R : Actually(giving a sheepish smile ) I had bought a sari but you know what ……….

Me : Tell me dear………let the story come

R : The sari was a Blue one with a golden border ,I really liked it when I bought it and got the blouse stitched ,yesterday I just tried out the blouse to check out the fittings and guess what ?????

Me: I’m listening …….tell me

R : I just felt it did not look that grand for the occasion (in a very low tone)

(I was literally ROFL)

R : (in a sad tone) Now I want a sari that befits the occasion……………What do I do????????????? There is hardly any time left for me to buy a new one and get the blouse stitched……………………………

By the end of the conversation I was laughing out so much that I had tears in my eyes. Dear R - I know you would read this and chase me all around the place to beat me up. But dear I just could not stop myself from letting people know about this crazy Friend on mine.

Does anybody out there have a similar habit or met someone with a similar habit…………please do let me know.

2 comments:

Shruthi said...

:))

Please tell your friend to give some of her craze to me so that we can balance it between ourselves! I hate shopping - I hate to go shopping for even things I desperately need. I will be more than happy if somebody does the shopping for me :D

Wunderyearz said...

Shruti:Its the same with me ,i keep telling her to do my shopping ;-)