Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Saturday, November 3, 2007

A Walk Down Memory Lane..........

A walk down memory lane…….

It’s been 10 months since Jelly has been a part of this world and it just feels like yesterday. These 10 months have taught me so many new lessons. It’s made me much more patient, more attached to someone than I have ever been {the only other exception being SM of course} and of cos - much more stressed out that I have ever been in my entire life……..

Let me bring out my experience of being a mom one month at a time. So here comes the experience of first month

Born on a cool January morning she was the most beautiful ray of sunshine that ever touched SM’s and my life. Oh!! How perfect nature’s creation looked…..She looked like a fluffy pink cotton candy too delicate to touch and just too irresistible to bite into :D

Ok, back to the main topic - she was the most peaceful baby around - not a whimper, not the slightest indication of the storm that was to start in a few hours. Like I said she was too good to be true. She did not want a feed or change for the whole day!!!!!!!! But I guess life has to come to a full circle. When I just started feeling proud of “what a silent “daughter I have, she brought me out of that trance with a terrific jolt. Once she started wailing in the evening there was no stopping her :(

From that day my sleepless nights and restless days started. She would never sleep at nights, she just kept wailing as though something was hurting her real bad. The days were no better either cause madam did not enjoy her bath one bit, right from the moment her bath started till she was fed after the ordeal, she would cry so loudly that my neighbors knew her bath time ;)

The moment she would sleep I would try to just stretch my aching muscles and get some rest, she would wake up wailing for a feed or a change….so in short the first month went by in getting used to a 24/7 schedule .Unfortunately that schedule still remains quite the same : (

Anybody out there who shares a similar experience? Please tell I’m not the only one who has had to go through this………………………..

No comments: