Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

A Beautiful Evening

It was a beautiful evening. The sun was just a soft glow far away in the horizon. The clouds just seemed to be pushing the sun out of view at one end of the sky. At the other end the moon was pushing aside the clouds and coming into view and making us feel its presence. Birds were chirping and in a mad rush to reach their nests and call it a day.

I sat by the window a hot cup of coffee in my hands. Soothing music played in the background. Somewhere far away I could hear the whistle of a train as it made its way past the busy city.

Life could not be better than this. The peace that was surrounding me was too good to be true. Never felt so relaxed after Jelly was born. Nothing on this earth could spoil this time I was spending with myself.

All of a sudden I felt a sharp pain on my right forearm. What was it that was causing this severe pain? I could feel the blood rushing down from my brain into my hands. I did not know if I was bleeding. But I was unable to see anything. Why was it so dark all of a sudden? Why was I feeling this haunting silence all around? What was happening?

Right in between all this confusion I could feel something tender touch me and from the corner of my eye I found Jelly sitting up in between her sleep and take a good portion of my skin in her tiny hands and give me a sharp pinch. That’s when I came back to reality and realized what peace I felt earlier was just a “Dream” and the sharp pain I felt was Jelly trying to wake me up asking for her midnight feed (sigh!)

3 comments:

Shruthi said...

ROFL! I know the feeling, just know it! :D

Aryan-Arjun said...

Oh what a sweet dream...I felt I am reading a story and suddendly the twist..
Aryan's mom

Wunderyearz said...

Shruthi: ya we kind of sail on the same boat (hmmmmm)

Aryan's mom: I truly felt the twist rather pinch ;-)