Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Monday, January 7, 2008

Birthday Bash!!

Hi everyone, it’s me Jelly again. I just sneaked in here to put up a post on my birthday bash without mom’s knowledge. She’s busy back at work so thought I will do the honors.

My day (or rather midnight) started on a very sweet note. I guess it was somewhere close to 1am. Mom was fast asleep and I just started feeling hungry, so I sat up and tried to wake mom out of her slumber. But hey, what's the fun in waking her up so peacefully ;-). So I just clear my throat and let out a loud wail. Mom literally sat up in shock, put me back to my sleeping position filled my empty stomach and patted me back to sleep. When she thought I have slept, she quietly placed a loving kiss on my cheek and said ”Happy Birthday Sweetie”. That was the first time I heard those words ”Happy Birthday”. I went back to sleep not able to understand what it meant.

It was around 6:40 in the morning when mom woke up and whispered in my ear that I was born into this world last year around the same time on the same date and again wished me “Happy Birthday”. That’s when I started getting an idea what it all meant. I just went back to sleep and knowing that today being a Sunday mom will not rush to work. I had a very deep sleep till 8 am. Daddy sneaked into the room when i was still slepping (that's what they think)and gently planted some kisses on my cheeks and forehead and said "Oh!! see our baby is already a year old" and just kept looking at me with all the love in his heart. It’s only when mom pushed aside the curtains and let the morning sun rays to enter the room that I woke up(officially ;-) ).

After going upstairs grandpa and grandmom came over and wished me. I had my share of tit bits from everybody’s breakfast plate, crawled around the whole house, especially the kitchen where there was a lot of work happening in a hurry (and lot of things for me to pick up and throw :D )

Mom was busy answering phone calls and telling “Thank you” to so many people. All were asking for me but the cruel mom that she is, did not give the phone to my hands, she switched on the speaker and let me hear their voices and let me tell things I wanted to tell them. Unfortunately no body could understand what I was trying to tell .So mom helped them out by telling what she could understand (sigh!!! the pain of being a child).

After a bath and feed I just started feeling so tired and sleepy that I slept almost immediately. After more than an hour’s sleep I woke up to see mom blowing air into balloons. Yippie!!! Balloons they are so colorful, I just love them. But dad and mom would not let me touch them at first, but you know how adamant I can get at times (he he he) So mom was forced to give 1 balloon into my hands. Then dad and mom took me to the room where all of them keep eating, they call it something like “Dining area”. I was in for a big surprise the room that is quite boring for me on any day looked very bright and colorful with balloons and streamers. Mom told me the streamer hanging on the wall read “Happy Birthday”.

A little later mom and dad went out and came back with a huge box. When they opened the box I found the most adorable “Phoooo” (Winnie the phoo) on a cake. With the cake came so many people, some whom I have met earlier some whom I have never seen before. My grandparents (mom’s mom and dad) also came along. Mummy made me wear a beautiful pink frock. They lit a candle on the cake and asked me to blow it (phew!! A tough job for me) Then mom and dad held my hand and made me cut the cake.

Then came the yummy part of the day…..one after the other all of them fed me bits of the cake, which I totally enjoyed. The rest of the day went on equally great with loads of friends and relatives of mom and dad coming over, wishing me and giving me so many gifts. Even though mom and dad kept telling everybody on the phone that we are not having a party, people kept coming in till late in the night.

I never thought that “Birthdays” are so much fun else I would have asked dad and mom to keep my birthday every other day ;-)

PS: Overheard Dad telling mom yesterday - Now that “Jelly” has completed a year we could give her a few whacks if she gets very troublesome. That’s a little scary for me. Please friends, tell mummy and daddy not to do anything like that cause I’m the most adorable and loveable child in town.

8 comments:

Shruthi said...

That was very, very, very, very sweet, Jelly! You had me smiling throughout!

A very happy birthday to you :)

Don't worry, nobody will have the heart to whack you.. you are too cute :D

You know, I remembered it was your birthday and thought of calling your mom to wish her on her first anniversary of mommyhood... I realized something.. I don't have her number! Hmph!

Wunderyearz said...

Hi Shruthi Aunty,
Thank you so much for your wishes.
I know i'm too cute to be wacked but do tell mom and dad to just spare me for another 10-20 years :D
Mom has mailed you her number
Love to Puttachi
-Jelly

Aryan-Arjun said...

Oh..jelly I was just waiting for your birthday bash post..So so cute darling...
Jelly's mom..don't whack her for her pranks she is just ONE.....

When we Jelly meets his brother Aryan, then I am sure they will have a good time..
Aryan's mom

Wunderyearz said...

Aryan's mom:Thanks a million!!
Hope Jelly and Aryan get to meet each other soon ;-)

Aryan-Arjun said...

Helllo Jelly's mom..where is group photo of jelly's toys???/
Aryan's mom

Wunderyearz said...

Aryan's Mom-Been a little busy will do it shortly

Anonymous said...

hi....very lovely described. Makes an enjoyable read. Very cute

bird's eye view said...

Beautifully described...and it sounded like a wonderful day.