Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Friday, January 4, 2008

A Year gone by........


Looking back at year 2007,it was one that had a lot of anticipations, hopes, and fears, learning, a lot of understanding and the best one, being a mother.

If I just look back to last year this time - I was counting days, hours and minutes to my due date. The date given was 7 Jan but people around put me into the waiting mode right from mid December. So by the time it was Jan I just wanted things to happen soon. But the little devil that Jelly is, she decided to come only a day prior to my due date.

Becoming a mother just put me on a roller-coaster ride. Plenty of ups and downs and unexpected twists and turns (Sigh!!!!!) I know that this is just the starting phase and I have a lot more to see and experience.

Its been a year since my dear “SM” gradually transformed from a totally silent person to the “Dad” who sings and dances for his daughter (LOL) It’s a big shock for me cause for the 8-9 years that I have known him, its unlike him to hum a song or tap his feet to some music. If ever he did hum a song it would be when only the both of us were around. But now I truly cherish those moments when “Jelly” would be cranky at meal times and just to make her laugh and eat her food he would try to shake his body to the tunes of Himesh Reshamiya, Kailash Kher and many more like that.

He gets angry with “Jelly” when she gets a little too fussy or irritated. But if I get a little angry on her or scold her when she gets unruly, he scolds me saying ‘Why are you getting angry on my poor darling, she‘s only a baby….”(Uff!!!!!!)

Jelly” is going to be a year old this weekend and it just feels like a few moments ago I had her in my hands for the very first time. She hates crowds and so we thought of sparing her from the pain of a “Birthday Party”. It’s just going to be a silent day with just both the set of grandparents and us(something she truly enjoys the most)

As we are already nearing the first weekend of this year I look forward to a year in which “Jelly” would become a more independent than the previous year. She would learn to take life in the best way. Learn many more new things, be able to express herself better, and most important grow up to be a great human being.

"Happy New Year" everyone……………

3 comments:

Aryan-Arjun said...

Lovely post...
Advanced Happy Birthday to her. I think Jelly queen is almost like Aryan. Even he hates crowd. And your SM is like my hubby..who scolds me if I scold aryan..Felt like reading my own expereince....
Aryan's mom

Aryan-Arjun said...

Happy Birthday Jelly dear..Waiting for your birthday bash post

Wunderyearz said...

Aryan:Thank you so much for your wishes.The birthday bash post is arriving soon.

Its great to know that we have so much in common ;-)